Kirk-Pinkerton 80th Anniversary logo

80th Anniversary logo for Kirk-Pinkerton in Sarasota, Florida.

KPN_80th Ann_logo

Advertisements

Kirk Pinkerton 75th Anniversary Brochure

Kirk-Pinkerton, Sarasota attorneys specializing in personal injury, divorce, real estate, alimony, criminal law, child support, guardianship, and wills and trusts, celebrated their 75th Anniversary as one of the Suncoast’s oldest law firms by publishing a special commemorative brochure.

During the summer of 1926, well-known Sarasota attorney Henry L. Williford’s most prominent client, John Ringling, was busy acquiring land and investing heavily in what would become the infrastructure of Sarasota. Mr. Williford (Henry L. Williford 1886-1942) soon hired James E. Kirk (1902-1983), then a young lawyer from Pennsylvania who had just received his law degree from Stetson University Law School in St. Petersburg. The two men opened the law office of Williford & Kirk in the prestigious new First Bank & Trust Company building at Five Points.

For the next decade, the firm remained busy handling the legal affairs of Mr. Ringling and many others in the community. This work consisted primarily of real estate acquisitions and land development. Mr. Williford passed away in 1942. In 1946, John C. Pinkerton (1916-1997) joined the firm.

Kirk-Pinkerton would later play an important role in the development of Sarasota and the surrounding area through representation of its clients in numerous real estate transactions. Many of these transactions resulted in the construction of Sarasota’s most luxurious condominiums on Longboat Key and the bay front. Perhaps the firm’s most high-profile real estate transaction was the 1959 acquisition by Arvida of the former Ringling holdings on Bird and Otter Keys and the southern portion of Longboat Key.

KPN-014+Memory+Book